Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or MCA or equivalent degree.
Prerequisites for the role:
- Demonstrates the ability to understand complex business and functional requirements.
- Demonstrates superior analytical skills in analyzing user, functional and technical requirements
- Demonstrates practical application of the Testing Concepts in day to day project activities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in creating Test Plan and Test Startegy documents.
- Demonstrates the ability to derive the Test Scenarios from the Business Requirements.
- Demonstrates working understanding in Test Design and writing detailed test cases based on user scenarios.
- Demonstrates the working understanding in Test Data Management.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Test Execution and Test analysis
- Demonstrate a working understanding of Database testing skills like writing queries using joins, stored procedures and views.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of analyzing test execution results and the creation of appropriate test metrics.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of the defect management process.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of automation testing concepts and hands on experience on tools like QTP, TOSCA.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of Automation execution like preparing smoke test scenarios and execution in continuous basis with each deployment
- Demonstrates the ability to enhance automation scripts to build a regression suite.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of software testing techniques and strategies.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of web service testing using SOAP UI.
- Demonstrates working understanding in Mobile Testing.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of the various Test Management and Defect Management tools.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of various QE methodology like Agile, and V Model etc.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of quality assurance and/or software development processes and methodologies, with the ability to share that knowledge with peers, and project team members.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Identifies ways of “working smarter”, through elimination of unnecessary steps or duplication.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage the Complete Testing activities for the project as a sole contributor.
SAP FICO (Good to have):
- Good to have strong testing knowledge on any of the FI sub modules of G/L, A/R, and A/P with Integration of FI with MM and SD.
- Demonstrates working understanding of QE Tools like QTP, Quality center, etc.
- G/L: G/L accounts, Chart of accounts, Document Postings, Posting keys, Special G/L Transactions- Cost center/Fiscal year variants/Park and hold document.
- A/R: Customer master, Taxes, Transaction Posting, Incoming payments, Integration with SD (Contracts, OTC process, pricing conditions.), Document Rest & Reversal.
- A/P: Vendor master, Transaction postings, Taxes, Outgoing payments, Automatic payments, Integration with MM (Purchase orders, Invoices, Payments), Integration with Ariba tool.
- PS: WBS Elements, Project creations, Integration with CO and SD (Assignment of Controlling areas, Cost centers, sales contracts, DIP Profiles).
- Should have testing knowledge in CATS (Cross Application Time Sheet) and Travel Management
- CATS: Posting and Processing Employee Time entries in SAP R/3 systems, Travel Management: Posting and processing of Employee expenses in SAP R/3 systems and Integration with AP module.
SAP HR (Good to have – not mandatory):
- Should have knowledge HCM/HR Module: Testing experience on below sub modules:
Personnel Administration, Personnel master data, Planning and controlling of personnel activities, Info types, Organization data Application administration, Payroll and Time postings
- Strong communication skills regarding technical topics and remote collaboration skills are critical to this role.
- Demonstrates an ability to provide accurate project estimates and timelines.
- Demonstrates an ability to deliver on project commitments.
- Produces work that consistently meets quality standards.
- This position is responsible for Analyzing Requirements, Scripting, Preparing test data, and Executing & Analyzing business processes with regard to quality using various Test and Defect Management tools and related suite of products.
- Responsible for analysing functional requirements needed for Quality Testing.
- Responsible for planning, developing and coordinating testing activities.
- Responsible for preparing Test Plan, test scenarios, test cases.
- Responsible for performing test execution, test analysis and debugging.
- Familiarize themselves with the business functionality and technology used for Assigned applications (under test).
- Utilize DAS QE testing tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Work closely with on-site team towards successful test phases.
- Encourage collaborative efforts and camaraderie with other Release Stream team areas.
- Ensure the quality and low bug rates of code released into production.
- Responsible for successful execution and alerting team leads and managers of obstacles, issues and risks.
- Able to discuss status of all open issues facing the test team and describes actions taken to mitigate such issues
- Responsible for coordinating/engaging build movements to the QA environment as directed by Team Lead.
- Owning the testing activities of assigned project.
- Automation script for Smoke test and regression scenarios of applications using SAP, windows, Java, web application and Ariba etc.
- Provide technical support /guidance to other members
- Responsible for increasing automation coverage within a channel and work closely with QE lead to support channel activities
- Analysis of failures, issue identification and subsequent logging of defects within defect management tool