SAP Fiori Launchpad
With the provision for over 1200 role-based applications, SAP solutions such as SAP S/4HANA, SAP Simple Finance, and the SAP Business Suite are applying the SAP Fiori UX to provide a personalized, responsive and simple user experience. An integral part of the SAP Fiori UX is the SAP Fiori Launchpad. This blog explains about Register to SAP Fiori Launchpad and Launchpad Configuration SAP Fiori apps.
SAP Fiori launchpad is basically a shell which hosts SAP Fiori applications. These applications are given services including application configuration, embedded support, personalization and navigation by the launchpad.
It is often said to be the gateway to SAP Fiori applications on hand-held as well as stationary devices. Tiles are square objects which are usually used to access different Fiori applications and access to these tiles are based on the role of the user. It features a homepage which consists of tiles that display live status indicators and each tile represents a business application that can be launched by the user.
This includes SAP Business Suite transactional applications, and SAP Smart Business analytical applications. The launchpad is role-based and displays tiles according to the role of the user. The tiles run on multiple device types and provide a single access point for business applications such as transactional, analytical and factsheet applications.
The SAP Fiori launchpad is categorized by significant advantages in design that makes it a favourable choice for users:
- Personalized Layout: The homepage of the launchpad as described above, features tiles that are arranged in groups which can be grouped, moved and removed, providing the user with an abundance of opportunity to personalize the layout of the homepage to suit his or her taste. Grouped tiles can also be added, deleted, renamed and re-ordered by the user. With this flexibility in use, users can be guaranteed a fruitful experience.
- Receptive Design: The visual design of the launchpad can be accurately described as adaptive and receptive based on the device on which it is being run, because only the tiles of applications that are supported on the device are shown. Also, the tiles provide users with visual cues by highlighting applications which have been used recently and more frequently.
- Search Capability: The launch pad provides support for SAP Enterprise Search to search across SAP Business Suite entities and enabling search in the tile catalog.
- Extensibility: APIs are provided and they enable the implementation of a custom launchpad UI and a custom tile type.
Launchpad Configuration - SAP Fiori
Launchpad Configuration – SAP Fiori launchpad follows an approach that is enlisted below. An SAP-UI5 application in the launchpad gets accessed in the following flow of components:
- A semantic object needs to be created in the SAP Fiori Front-end server.
- The Launchpad role in the Front-end server needs to be created.
- A business catalog needs to be created.
- A business group needs to be created.
- The application’s PFCG Role in the Front-end server needs to be created. For this, first PFCG Role for Fiori Launchpad accessibility needs to be created and PFCG Role for SAPUI5 application needs to be created. After this, the user ID needs to have its role assigned.
In this way, Launchpad configuration SAP Fiori is done.
Register To SAP Fiori Launchpad
SAP Cloud Platform deployed applications can be registered to Fiori launchpad directly from the SAP Web Integrated Development Environment (IDE). A new tile is created on the launchpad upon completion of the registration which is assigned to a site, a catalog and a group.
Certain prerequisite steps must be followed, however. These include:
- The cloud edition of the SAP Web IDE must be used.
- The applications you need to register to SAP Fiori launchpad must already be deployed to the SAP cloud platform.
- Only the person with the TENANT_ADMIN role in the SAP Cloud platform cockpit can perform the action.
- At Least one site must have been created in advance.
In this way, Launchpad configuration SAP Fiori is done.
Procedure to Register to SAP Fiori Launchpad:
- In the workspace, the desired application must be right-clicked and then, Deploy -> Register to SAP Fiori Launchpad must be chosen.
- The Next option must be chosen.
- In the General Information step, the provider account to which the application must be registered has to be chosen.
- The application name has to be entered.
- The tile type must be chosen in the tile configuration step:
Static: A title, subtitle needs to be entered and the Browse option is to be selected to select a SAPUI5 icon for the tile.>
Dynamic: SAP Web IDE fetches the application’s already configured OData service. If the service is not already configured, it must be entered manually in the Service URL field and the Get Collections option needs to be chosen.
- Next option must be chosen.
- In the Assignment step, depending on the Fiori launchpad that was selected, the tile has to be assigned to a Site, a catalog and a Group.
Sites are SAP Fiori launchpad sites. Catalogs are authorization objects which are necessary to enable role-based access to applications and groups for a specific launchpad site. Groups are a titled grouping in which applications are organized in a launchpad site.
- Next option must be selected and then the Finish option will complete the process, thereby registering your application to the launchpad.
Request a Callback
Would you like to reach to one of our
SAP & Salesforce Expert.
Just submit your contact details and we’ll be in touch shortly.
You can also email us if you would prefer