SAP Solutions for Utilities
Redefine a digital world by reinventing power generation, transmission, distribution, and retail.
The utilities industry is in the core of a huge global shift toward sustainability and renewable energy sources. By 2025, we predict that a large number of industry players will start to gain revenue from services and energy data.
45 of the 50 top utilities companies SAP solutions.
91% of the top Forbes Global 2000 Utilities run SAP.
Empowering innovation for your business.
The future of utility is no doubt but digital. With digitalization, large and small utilities can have a better view of their information, automate processes, make data driven decisions, engage, and respond to their customer base. From a business standpoint, they can function more efficiently, explore growth opportunities, operate more strategically, and develop an edge they need to thrive amongst disruption in the energy space.
The current scenario for many utilities, falls short of a plan for the future. Aging and disparate systems, established manual processes, and the exponential growth of business data makes digital transformation challenging. Many leaders are unaware of where to begin the transformation. Continuous regulatory and market pressures to operate as a sustainable organization increases the challenge.
LMTEQ’s SAP solutions for utilities helps you promptly transform your business with a modern ERP solution.
How do we help?
LMTEQ helps you quickly deploy modern digital capabilities for an ever changing marketplace.
Our SAP utilities module delivers SAP S/4HANA as a preconfigured, intelligent, industry-ready offering. S/4HANA works as an end-to-end system for running your entire business that helps you rapidly implement a smart and modern digital core, reduce complexity, and operate more efficiently.
Apart from the core functionality of SAP S/4HANA for streamlining business transactions, offering a transparent and comprehensive system of record for your data, and delivering high value insights with embedded analytics, LMTEQ provides a wide variety of functionalities.
Key features include a completely functional web interconnection to support call-center Operations, advancements for utility asset accounting, a real-time FERC solution integration to GIS for a deep view of master and transactional data, and customized SAP Work Manager fields and screens to support field workers. Across the solution, UI improvements are made using SAP Fiori.
Gain accelerated results
- Spend less time managing IT operations and focus on the business.
- LMTEQ brings you a preconfigured SAP S/4HANA ERP solution, tailored for your business needs paired with utilities industry accelerators as part of our SAP utilities module.
- We leverage our SAP business process framework for utilities, leading best practices, scenarios and templates, optimized UI, KPI framework, and other tools that can help accelerate your move to SAP S/4HANA
- We can also host the solution in a managed cloud for your business, so you don’t have to be concerned about scaling your infrastructure and keeping the software up to date.
The LMTEQ advantage:
With LMTEQ, you can start transforming business processes across the enterprise. We help you enable and support a few key scenarios in the utilities industry:
Customer relationship management
- Electric, water and gas service for customers
- Payments, returns, deposits, refunds, account determination, taxes and direct debits
- Billing: residential, commercial, exceptions, print, cancel/rebill, OpenText integration
- Customer service: create customer/account, searches, move-in/out, product change, factsheet, replication, billing views
- Meter reading, AMI integration, exceptions, meter procurement
- General ledger management, profit center masters, cost center masters
- Transaction processing
- Non-PO invoices
- Capital work-order lifecycle, asset accounting
- Month-end close
- FERC/regulatory reporting
- Buying against a punch-out catalog
- Contingent work management
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
Enterprise asset management
- Capital work (long cycle): customer- and utility-initiated
- Customer work (short cycle)
- Inspections and Maintenance
- Project initiation and budgeting
How we impact the bottom line with our SAP utilities module?
What kind of results can you expect by moving to an SAP S/4HANA solution in a managed cloud? Here are a few potential advantages of it :
- Embed analytics to deliver actionable insights for qualified decision-making
- Boost employee satisfaction by reducing complexity with intuitive SAP Fiori user interface and apps
- Enhance your ability to adapt to changing market conditions
- Include an enterprise wide innovation platform that can can make use of emerging technologies, IoT capabilities, big data and ML to help deploy new business models
- Gain actionable insights that can help you manage the business better
- Improve compliance and reporting through systemized procedures and policies.
- Improve cost management through advanced analytics
- Maximize your ability to offer predictive and preventive maintenance for assets, getting proactive about issues instead of being reactive.
- Simplify and streamline IT so you can spend less time on system maintenance and more time on strategy and innovation
- Eliminate process silos between departments