What is SAP Business Application Studio?
The new cloud-based development environment, known as SAP BAS (business application studio), is designed specifically for the productive creation of business applications for SAP’s multi-cloud environment. With the help of SAP Business Application Studio, users of SAP products may easily develop and expand their existing SAP offerings.
As a virtual container that runs on a Linux-based architecture and is built on Eclipse Theia, SAP BAS gives users a seamless integration of DevOps and development.
Features of SAP Business Application Studio
Development space manager:
You can enhance application development by including additional tools and several other elements. Additionally, the dev space manager allows you to create, delete, run, stop, and export the dev space.
Integrates several functional elements, such as quick access and search areas, a command-line interface (CLI), and built-in support for Git.
enables you to construct the application using a code editor and programming languages, including Typescript, XML, Java, Node.js, Python, and more.
The layout editor enables programmers to create user interfaces (UIs) for programmes. A variety of UI controls are available for you to add to your project.
Benefits of Business Application Studio of SAP
- Developers can use industry standards without switching between different programmes.
- By directly executing commands through a built-in command line, productivity is increased.
- It provides a single environment for all apps, which is beneficial, thanks to the Business application studio.
- It doesn’t need to be installed or set up locally.
- With just one click, you can quickly deploy your app to the cloud or mimic a test locally using the run configuration tool.
- Integration with the API Hub and on-premises and cloud systems.